Over recent years the UK Government has made it harder for higher earners to build up savings in tax relieved pension plans imposing limits on both contributions (Annual Allowance) and the value that can be built up over your working lifetime (Lifetime Allowance).
Penal tax charges apply to any breach of the limits and without specialist advice, it is easy to sleep walk into problems.
We can help in the following ways:
- Carry out the complex calculations required to determine your personal annual contribution allowance for the current and previous 3 tax years
- Compare the contributions paid by you and your employer and tell you if you have breached your personal limit
- Show you how by making a small personal contribution, you can significantly increase your employer’s contribution scope
- Assist you in settling tax penalties due, where possible by arranging for your pension scheme to pay them
- Assess the combined value of all of your pensions against lifetime allowance both now and when projected to your planned retirement date
- Advise you whether you should continue to contribute to pensions or opt out
- Help you to apply for personal lifetime allowance protection
- Help you to make small changes to the death in service benefit provided by your employer to ensure your family do not suffer at 55% tax charge on your death
Opted out of pensions?
You will be looking for an alternative home for your pension contributions and any compensation offered by your employer. We can help you with alternative investments which will give you 30% tax relief, tax free dividends and growth free from capital gains tax.
"The hardest thing to understand in the world is tax."